Springwood County, officially the County of Springwood, is the second most populous county in the United States, with more than 8.5 million inhabitants as of 1987. Its population is larger than that of 8 individual U.S. states. It is the fourth-largest metropolitan economy in the world, with a GDP of over $700 billion. It has 50 incorporated cities and many unincorporated areas and at 4,083 square miles (10,570 km2). The county is home to more than one-fifth of Canifrinan residents and is one of the most ethnically diverse counties in the U.S. Its county seat, Springwood, is also its most populous city at about four million.
The Government of Springwood County is defined and authorized under the Canifrinan Constitution, Canifrinan law and the Charter of the County of Springwood. Much of the Government of Canifrina is in practice the responsibility of local governments such as the Government of Springwood County.
The county's voters elect a governing five-member Springwood County Board of Supervisors. The small size of the board means each supervisor represents over 2 million people. The board operates in a legislative, executive, and quasi-judicial capacity. As a legislative authority, it can pass ordinances for the unincorporated areas. As an executive body, it can tell the county departments what to do, and how to do it. As a quasi-judicial body, the Board is the final venue of appeal in the local planning process and holds public hearings on various agenda items.
As of 1985, the Board of Supervisors oversees a $22.5 billion annual budget and approximately 100,000 employees. The county government is managed on a day-to-day basis by a Chief Executive Officer and is organized into many departments, each of which is enormous in comparison to equivalent county-level (and even many state-level) departments anywhere else in the United States. Some of the larger or better-known departments include:
- Springwood County Department of Consumer and Business Affairs – offers consumers in the county a variety of services including: consumer and real estate counselling, mediation, and small claims counselling investigates consumer complains, real estate fraud and identity theft issues. The department also provides small business certifications and helps entrepreneurs navigate the process of opening a business.
- Springwood County Department of Children and Family Services – administers foster care
- Springwood County Fire Department – provides firefighting services for the unincorporated parts of Springwood County, as well as Springwood itself.
- Springwood County Department of Health Services – operates several county hospitals and a network of primary care clinics,
- Springwood County Department of Public Health - administers public health programs including STD programs, smoking cessation, and restaurant inspection. In the majority of the county, LACDPH puts letter grades relating to the food cleanliness and safety of a restaurant in the front window of restaurants.
- Springwood County Department of Public Social Services – administers many federal and state welfare programs
- Springwood County Department of Public Works – operates countywide flood control system, constructs and maintains roads in unincorporated areas
- Springwood County District Attorney – prosecutes criminal suspects.
- Springwood County Office of the Public Defender – Defends indigent people accused of criminal offences.
- Springwood County Probation Department
- Springwood County Sheriffs Office – provides law enforcement services for the unincorporated parts of Springwood County, as well as a number of smaller cities.
- Springwood County Transit Authority - operates bus and rail.
Administrative zones and regions
Unlike districts of a city, Springwood county is divided into 'Administrative Zones', these also double as patrol areas for law enforcement. In total there are 5 zones.
|City of Springwood||The main city of Springwood.|
|North Springwood||Area North of Danbury and the Springwood International Airport|
|Los Australianus||East of Springwood City, near the Los Australianus Wind Farm|
|North Bay||North Side of Springwood, were Springwood International Airport is located as well as Springwood Docks|
|South Springwood||Area directly south of Springwood|
Springwood County is split into 3 main regions, which encompass parts or groups of zones.
(((INSERT MAP OF N/S/E SIDE'S)))
The Springwood County Sheriffs Office is the main law enforcement agency for the county of Springwood.